Pages

Second to last week of Summer...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sunday Nursery Story: We don't let the little kids play with the chairs. This little girl got a hold of one and was wielding it like a lion tamer, and I was the lion. Talking and asking her to put it down and back where it came from was not working, at all. So Robbie distracted her, I got behind her and got a firm hold under her arms and lifted her up so that her head was level with mine, so for this little girl it was pretty high, but I was not about to get hit by that chair. As soon as she was in the air she had a death grip on that chair with her arms and her legs. It was amazing. Another adult came over, Robbie untangling her arms and the other adult taking apart her legs. She was not happy. But we got the chair away! And no one was hurt, which I'm beginning to think is the ultimate goal for the two hours.

We then went to a memorial service. My friend from high school, Chloe, her mom died. We weren't best friends, but we never had any problems with each other. She's a good person, and my heart goes out to her and her family. I thought what if I didn't have my mom, to be there for me for the rest of my life. I mean, for my college graduation, for the pregnancy and birth and life of my future children, what about for my brother's marriage, and the rest of my sister's life! I think my sister needs her the most, and I can only imagine the pain and sorrow she's feeling. My heart goes to my friend.

Then we went to my cousin's Court of Honor! My two cousins, James and Mason, are 15 and 14 years old. It was super cool, and the talks given, about how only maybe less than 1% of scouts go on to get their eagle and here are two brothers, a year apart. There were some pictures of my brother in the slide show, oh how I miss my brother.

The rest of the week kind of flew by. I meant to do a lot of things, like go grocery shopping and clean the house, but I would start to read Atlas Shrugged first thing in the morning and not stop to eat or anything until Robbie got home and I'd realize what time it was. I did that Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday until I finished. I remembered the book ending better. I thought I would be happy, and I think I was the first time I read through it. But, this time around, I felt more like Eddie Willers, crawled up in front of the train, crying for the end of the world, not knowing if the best minds in the world are going to fix it before I starve to death. I think it was a little more real to me, now that I know a little bit more about people and the world we live in. And they had no religion, I don't think Ayn Rand was too fond of it. But we know the truth, and I think I would have felt a little more happy if they knew what I know.

Then I had a headache and went to bed, after a half day of reading and then the other half cleaning and grocery shopping. I had nightmares all night about not getting my homework in on time, and rushing to get it done. I also had nightmares about working at Vons. Weird, right? Scared me enough to wake me up every hour, on the hour. Not a good night sleep.

So that has been what you've missed. This summer I've read all the Harry Potter books, Ender's Game, and Atlas Shrugged. I don't think I've ever read so much during the summer. Maybe, I can read Twilight again? I re-read Harry Potter because the movies ruined it for me. I can say they are amazing books now that I've read them in my adult years and teen years, and the movies don't stand up to them at all. Twilight? I'm not sure anymore. I have a week and four days...I don't know if I want to read anymore. Maybe I'll save it for the next break from school.

Now to do some music. I'm making a cd of all the songs we want the nursery kids to learn, so that we don't have to rely on the quality of our acapella. And so the kids can know what the music sounds like. I have like ten cds to burn to my computer. And THEN have to pick different songs and make a cd...oh dear. I might use Robbie's mac.

Today is Thursday. And what a great Thursday it is.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS