March 13th - Accept You

Monday, March 13, 2017

I love everything she said, so I wanted to share it in total. 


Start Quote
Today, we make peace with the past:

with the bodies and faces we were born with and those that have evolved...

Before genuine love can flourish, 
we must finally accept ourselves exactly as we are today

Not tomorrow or next week or when we lose twenty-five pounds. 

Remember, acceptance is acknowledging the reality of a situation:

that we're heavier than we'd like to be, for example, or that our complexion is ruddy or sallow, or that we've got gray streaks, 
or that leggings just don't work for us. 

Most of us think of other women as beauties, never ourselves. 

But every woman was created...to be a genuine beauty

We learn how to reveal to the world our unique radiance only after we acknowledge it ourselves. 

I am what I am and what I am is wonderful.
End Quote 











***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Mondays. Sometimes I really hate them, but today was a good day. The kids played in some dirt, water and mud. I started to vacuum and when I saw the amount of dog hair coming up I decided to shave the dog. We cleaned, we played, we had a good Monday. 

2) Whole house fans! Today the house got up to 76 degrees. After being at 68 for how many months now, 76 seemed almost unbearable. But then you turn on the whole house fan and open the windows because it's 66 degrees outside...and bam, house feels better. The gift that keeps on giving. The days of spring are hot, but the nights are cool. 

3) Pajamas.

4) Investments. Buying a pair of clippers so every year I can shave Indy twice for the same amount of money that it takes to get her professionally shaved once. 

5) Burritos. Mexican food is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS