March 10th - Beautiful

Friday, March 10, 2017

Today Sarah hits close to home.

Start Quote

All of us can pull ourselves together some of the time. 


Some of us can pull ourselves together all of the time.


But none of us wants to be pulled together every single moment of our lives.



Let's consider those days when you just don't give a damn 
or are too exhausted to remember to pick up a brush.

Can we find inspiration in dirty jeans, an unwashed face, stringy hair? 

Can there be incarnational revelations when the skirt is too tight and the pantyhose pulls at your hips?



I hope so.


For I know those days and those days know me.



Probably you were taught, as I was,
that how we present ourselves to the world is very important.

Unfortunately, our outside packaging counts for far more than it really should.

[Please watch some of these great videos.]


Often, when we don't live up to the world's expectations of how we should look or behave, we fall victim to a vicious [cycle] of self-loathing and denial that can be difficult to escape from unscathed. 


At times like these, it's a comfort to remember that...

"Beauty is an internal light, a spiritual radiance that all women have but most women hide, unconsciously, denying its existence. 

What we do not claim remains invisible."

But as you become more intimate with your authentic self
- as you recover your true, incandescent identity -
there will come a gradual but undeniable physical transformation.

It is absolutely impossible to commit to your spiritual growth, awaken to your own radiant light and not have it reveal itself on the outside. 


"It is God's will that we be beautiful, 

It is God's will that we all become the goddesses we were created to be."
-Marianne Williamson
End Quote



"We are created in the image of the Gods to become gods and goddesses."








***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) I am so grateful that I have never once heard the women in my family talk about themselves the way some other women do. Sure, I've heard a few "I have a mom belly", and "I have lots of wrinkles", and sure there was a little bit of sadness in their tone, but behind it all they all know they're beautiful. 

2) My mom. I was raised knowing I was beautiful, inside and out. Sure I went through a rebellious teenage phase where I forgot for awhile, but it was there deep down. It's one of the things that I've uncovered while digging.

3) The future. I have the chance to raise my boys to not objectify women and to respect them, and to raise Riley to know that she is beautiful for more than just her looks. What a privilege. 

4) Robbie. He has always seen me as beautiful, even on the days when I know I don't look pretty. 

5) It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS