March 2nd - Meditation

Thursday, March 2, 2017

'Meditation is intentional concentration on one thing, 
which can be either secular or spiritual.' 

"In this state [secular meditation] creativity flowers, intuition leads to a deeper wisdom, the natural healing system of the body is engaged, our best physical and mental potential manifests itself and we feel psychologically satisfied. 

[Spiritual meditation] will help you become aware of the presence of the divine in nature, in yourself and in other people. The love and joy that are inherent in Spirit-that are the very essence of Spirit- will begin to permeate your life...

Any time we are fully present in the moment we are meditating."


Sarah says that 
meditation "is the mortar that holds mind, body, and Spirit together."


President David O. McKay spoke on the spiritual side of meditation. 

"We pay too little attention to the value of meditation, a principle of devotion. 

Meditation is the language of the soul. 
It is defined as 'a form of private devotion, or spiritual exercise, 
consisting in deep, continued reflection on some religious theme.'

Meditation is a form of prayer..."

I learned some cool stuff on Christ centered meditation here


Meditation is a new thing for me. 
Definitely something I want to try a little more of. 
Something that will help is some silence.  




***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Nana. She knows the way to my heart, she bought me a plant so I could have lots of flowers....and they're purple. And she brought me food, and my kids food...How blessed am I to have such a wonderful Nana? 



2) Traditions. The lullabies I sing to my kids are the lullabies that Nana sang to her kids, and to us when we spent the night. There's something kind of magical about singing to your children with your Nana, and remembering her singing to you. 

3) Workout. I love exercise. I didn't push myself as hard today because I was so sore, but I love the things that my body can do! And also, watching my kids try and copy the exercises we do, is the cutest thing.

4) Laundry. I love having a washing machine and dryer. I kind of sort of ran out of clothes for the kids, so I have a lot of laundry to do today. And it's starting to warm up, I can't wait to get the clothes line out again! 

5) It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday. Thank goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS