March 7th - Comfort Drawer

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

"A little of what you fancy does you good."


"Life requires that we prepare ourselves for the inevitable times that try our souls. 

This is achieved with a comfort drawer. 

Comfort drawers are for those nights when you feel as if you'd like to pull the covers over your head and never come out. 

...
[a] stockpile [of] small indulgences
...
Here is all that is required for the spoiling and pampering of a world-weary woman: a fabulous bath, something scrumptious to nibble, something sentimental to conjure up happy memories, something lovely to sip, and something delightful to read."


I'm sure that there are other things that other people like, not everyone likes baths...but everyone has small indulgences that make you happy no matter what. Sarah also said that she saves gifts to use for just such occasions. 

My drawer is kind of spread out all over the place. My favorite candy on the tallest shelf away from the kids, my bath stuff in the bathroom, my books with the books, my candles with the candles...

But it would be nice to get a pretty box and fill it with these gifts for me. It makes them mean more for some reason, when they're wrapped up with a pretty ribbon. 

I'll put the box in my nightstand...and I'll have to hold off until the kids are old enough to leave it alone.

Until now, the items I would put in the box will have to stay where they are. At least for a couple more years.





***
Gratitude Journal
***
1) Cold medicine. I'm glad I live in the 21st century, and not back when you could give your kids morphine.

2) Naps. God knows how much I can handle, and he made it so all three of my children would nap at the same time, so on days like today I could take one too. I don't know how much of it is nature vs nurture...

3) Being sick really makes you grateful for when you're not. 

4) It could be worse. 

5) It's bed time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS