March 27th - Fashion Statement

Monday, March 27, 2017

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."


Yesterday Sarah asked us to think about our wardrobe 
and what it is that we're saying with, and how we feel about, what we wear. 

Today she asks us to remember the Golden Mirror Meditation 
she told us about back on January 30th. 


She tells us a little about the woman she sees when she does this exercise, and how she delights "in discovering that my authentic self was very well dressed and always managed to look glorious...

Start Quote
By paying attention to the subtle signals the woman within 
is constantly trying to send us, we can learn how to reflect our own best image, 
even if our pocketbooks don't match our exquisite taste...



Simplicity is also the key to pulling together and converting 
a personal style with panache.  



It's a woman of substance's secret weapon. 



Think of Katharine Hepburn's trousers in the 1930s,

Grace Kelly's hair and handbags in the 1950s, 

 

Jacqueline Kennedy's pillbox hats in the 1960s, 

 

Lauren Hutton's white T-shirts and khakis in the 1990s.

 


Understated.
Elegant.
Chic.
Classy.

Stunning.


Simplicity is a fashion statement every woman today can make 
no matter what her personal style has been in the past. 



That's because true simplicity never disappoints.



Once you learn that less is more, 
than enough becomes plenty, 
and your entire outlook on life
-including fashion-
is transformed.



Today, I want to ask you to consider clearing away the fashion clutter of 
past incarnations that lurks in your closets.

Just because you bought it once doesn't mean you have to keep it forever.

Be willing to let simplicity pare down your wardrobe to your authentic essence:
Identify the clothes you absolutely love and can't imagine living without. 

That is all.

Merely consider and identify, while remembering that it is never too late for you to become the woman you were meant to be. 
End Quote



Again, another exercise I am looking forward too. There are already a few pieces in my closet that I'm thinking of that need to go, because I am not in love with them. 


Also, this made me think of the atonement, and how it is never too late. 





***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Food poisoning, or a bug, whatever it was seems to be over. I've had several experiences in my life that I do not enjoy and will never enjoy, and throwing up is one of them. But I have come to appreciate that you feel better afterwards, and that your body is smart enough to get rid of whatever is bad for it. Also, now that I'm 27 years old, I can finally handle throwing up like a champ. I didn't even complain. Of course I still can't stand pepto bismal, and there's nothing you can say or do to ever make me take it...I guess I have more growing up to do.

2) Sick days. Sick days, while it's quite awful being sick, it is nice to take it easy because you have to. Robbie is pretty amazing. He held my hair, stayed up with me, then took a sick day to help me, and took the kids for a couple hours so I could get some sleep since I didn't get much the night before. I read some of a book, cuddled with the kids, read to them...Sick days aren't so bad.

3) Anniversaries. Seven years today. And I spent it trying not to throw up saltines and gatorade and ending with Mcdonalds. On the outside that might not seem like a very glorious anniversary, but to me it was one of the most romantic. In sickness and in health. I love my husband, and I love our marriage.

4) Wind chimes on a windy day.

5) Watching my kids laughing so hard because the dog is kissing them, and then getting french kissed by the dog and laughing even harder...So funny. 

Also, yesterday. 
The twins were still a little sick with a cold, so Jacob and I went to church on our own. We went early as to not wake the twins during their nap. We took a walk...

Can you find the lady bug? 
I did get better pictures, but the camera focused on the greenery and the lady bug was blurry. I'm still trying to figure out this new camera.

I know gardeners hate dandelions, but we love them. 
It's like making a wish and sending little fairies off on new adventures. 

He chose his outfit himself.
Ready, set, 

Blow!

We probably blew about 5 of them...the last one he blew too close and it got in his mouth. He was so hilarious, bleh bleh bleh. Then he went chasing after birds. We were both covered in dandelion fairies. And then we went to church. 
It would have been a most delightful Sunday, 
if I hadn't spent the end of it hugging the toilet. 

Food poisoning, you shall not rob me of my joy. 

It was still delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS