March 6th - Toy Box

Monday, March 6, 2017

"I pray you...
your play needs no excuse.
Never excuse."


"Respect the power of play." 

Our kids learn by playing, why is it we at some point stop?

"Playing is hard for most women I know. 
Creating your own toy box symbolically suggests the importance of fun."

Get a box, and fill it up. 

"Store [toys] in your toy box until the right moment comes along to use them.

Laugh when you see your toys and let them visually remind you to lighten up."

"Play is the exultation of the possible."


I totally have a toy box in my craft room. I have lots of fun stickers and stamps, decorations and strands of christmas lights. I have coloring books, and colored pencils, and other things that I like to play that make me smile when I see them. 

I try to do the things that I like to do with the kids, like we all color together. Playing together is so much more fun than playing by yourself, or not playing at all. 

Do you have a toy box? 
If you don't Sarah suggests getting a pretty box and spending $10 on a creative excursion. 

My one problem is probably that I forget to go look in my toy box and play with my toys. 

Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow. 






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) One toy that I got to play with this weekend. I almost finished, but I needed another day. Family dinner kind of takes priority, and the table needed to be cleared. 

2) I tried something new today. They didn't taste very good, but it was nice to try something off my bucket list of recipes. Future reference, plain old pie is better, and so are pop tarts. Don't waste your time. I think this counts as a BHG fail? Also if you're in a pinch, pilsbury refrigerated pie crust is pretty darn good.

3) Mondays. I'm so grateful for Garfield. He loves lasagna, and hates Mondays. I try not to hate anything, but this Monday was the pits. Do I have a cold or just allergies? Are my children trying to kill each other or just trying to drive me insane? Thank you Garfield for understanding that sometimes Mondays just suck.

4) The terrible twos. Do you know how hard it is to try and reason with a two year old? And I have two of them. Two two year olds. I'm grateful this doesn't last forever.

5) After a long and exhausting day, my kids wouldn't stop cuddling me before bed. "Momma momma momma" with their little arms clutching around my neck, and pointing and touching everything on my face. Somehow, it's all worth it. On Sunday I had the revelation during the Sacrament that the atonement must have been so hard, so hard Christ asked if he could stop. When Joseph Smith was basically being tortured, he asked God why have you forsaken me? He answered that Christ descended even below what you're suffering now. And then I thought here I am suffering and sacrificing so I can try and love and raise my children right, and here I am thinking this is so hard, and I thought that God would tell me the same thing he told Joseph. It was humbling, and strengthening all at the same time. I can't wait to continue to ponder that this week. How Christ must have thought the same thing, "it's all going to be worth it, doing this really hard thing for the one's I love." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS