February 2nd - Know What You Love

Thursday, February 2, 2017

"Perhaps loving something is the only starting place there is 
for making your life your own."

Sarah said "It should be straightforward, this knowing what we love. 
But it seldom is. 
After decades of letting other people influence us
-the media, the magazines, our mothers, our friends- 
we're going to have to go cold turkey. 

The only opinion that counts from now on is your own."

When it comes to what you love that is. 

She suggests going on one creative excursion to a home furnishing or decorative accessory store, and another to a clothing boutique. 

We're not going to buy anything, just to look.

"What startles you, calls to you, excites you? ...You'll know what you love the moment you see it. It's that familiar "Wow" reaction. 

Trust the impulse, capture the encounter, record the clues.
...
Be patient. 
We're not going to overhaul our lives, our homes, or our wardrobes in a week. 
Trust that your authentic life will unfold naturally and with grace."


Have fun!  
Because this should be really run. 



***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Working late. When Robbie works late I get to work late. I got the living room and the bathroom super clean. And I started organizing the toys.

2) Bad days. I had another bad day, couldn't get out of bed. And the kids just played nicely, all morning. No hitting, no kicking, no yelling, no screaming, no destroying things...just playing nicely. Then all three of them came to the side of the bed, Jacob pushed my hair off of my forehead and put his little hand on my cheek and said "Mommy, wake up now?" Just about broke my heart. 

3) Bagels and cream cheese. After a trip to the grocery store, there are always the things you like to eat. 

4) Freezer meals. I try to make double batches, one for dinner and one to freeze. Because I didn't feel like cooking I just pulled something out of the freezer. It's nice.

5) Facebook live. It was nice to multitask, clean and look at pretty things and see old friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS