February 7th - Life is Art

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

On January 4th we learned that life is not a dress rehearsal and that we should be the leading ladies of our own lives. Sarah said "if we're not playing to an audience, does it really matter?" and I said YES! I am performing for someone, I'm performing for myself. This is my life, this life that I'm living is my art and it does matter.

On January 18th Sarah introduced Beauty. "It is in the details of life that beauty is revealed, sustained, and nurtured."

After dropping subtle hints, today she implores us to 
take chances and risks, just like an artist. 
"Start thinking of yourself as an artist and your life as a work-in-progress. 
Works-in-progress are never perfect."



"Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how...
The artist never entirely knows. We guess. 
We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark."


She also quotes psychologist Susan Jeffers
"Take a risk a day - one small or bold stroke that makes you feel great once you have done it."


Sarah said 
"Art evolves. So does life. 
Art is never stagnant. Neither is life. 
The beautiful, authentic life you are creating for yourself and those you love is your art. 
It's the highest art."

She ends quoting Brenda Ueland
"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable."


Do not compare yourself with others.



Happiness is the first step to joy, and you can't get there if you're comparing yourself to others. 

You are also one of a kind. If you weren't, God wouldn't have made you. I couldn't find anything doctrinally on this topic, except for maybe Discovering the Divinity Within, but I know that we are special, important, and one of a kind. Because if we weren't then we'd be the opposite, which would be disposable and unnecessary. Now tell me, when you think about your loving Heavenly Father and elder brother Jesus Christ who suffered and died for you, does that make you feel unnecessary? If your life didn't matter, would he care so much for you and what you do with it? 


Lets take risks.
Lets take chances.
Lets make some beautiful art. 






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Rain. And jungle gym places to go to that are out of the rain.

2) I did not resort to the TV all day! Woohoo!

3) The kids played nicely upstairs during my piano lessons. It was awesome.

4) Story time. I love reading with the kids. For the first time Jacob sat down on the couch and opened up book after book "reading" to himself.

5) Singing. There was a karaoke machine at the play place and the kids loved yelling and blowing and breathing and "singing" into it. Then later this afternoon I was listening to Moana trying to arrange some music for my students and the rest of the day Jacob sang "you're welcome" and "no one knows, ha ha ha goes"...so amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS