February 23 - It's In The Details

Thursday, February 23, 2017

I don't think I've ever heard
"God is in the details"
...
I think I've only heard 
"The devil is in the details"

...
Interesting that today Sarah starts with 

She talks about filling up your discovery journal today with details. If you had an empty house, empty closet, empty kitchen, and money was no object, what would you do? Start from scratch? Use some existing things? Fill your closet with comfortable or fashionable? 

"Where did you first encounter them? How long have you been dreaming about having them? ...These details are your authentic preferences."

She quotes Charlotte Moss
"The soap in the bathroom, the flowers in the garden, the book on the bedside table are all strong symbols of a life in progress. You look at these details and a world unfolds."

Sarah said
"Each day you create yourself anew through choice. By paying attention to the details - your authentic gestures - you give expression to the most personal of all the arts: making your own imprint on life."

I don't really have to tell you about my authentic details, because I've done a pretty good job about bringing them into reality. In our old house, Robbie and I had this funny thing where we just didn't quite make it a home. But now, probably because this house fits me more authentically and we have had 7 years to find and fill our home, all you have to do is come over and you can see me in the details. 




***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) The Sun. I love sunshine. I love it coming through the windows streaming light and shadow all over the room. I love my dog sunbathing in the backyard and then coming in and getting warm doggie kisses and hugging her warm fur. I love seeing plants perk up and the dew evaporate into the air. I love stepping out my my front door, and my front step is always bathed in sunlight. In the summer it's a bit like walking out into a furnace, but in the spring its like getting kissed.

Not the best picture, but it's the best I could do with the time that I had. Did you see the pink sky?! And blossoms.

2) Blossoms. Even though they cause major allergies for my loved ones, they are beautiful. My poor piano student yesterday spent his entire lessons sneezing. Literally, once a minute. Used a good 20 tissues. It was hilarious. I had to tell him to stop saying sorry...we didn't get very far in our lesson, he couldn't concentrate! Thanks blossoms. And my tree is going to bloom. Yay!



3) Service night. We made blankets for project linus and starfish for the hospital. It was a great time doing something crafty and talking to a bunch of women, and to top it off actually making something that is needed.

4) The kids were pretty darn good today! Not so much hitting and yelling as the last couple of days. When I ask Jacob a question now he answers, "yeah sure"..............just like me......and when I get really frustrated I say "crap, children"....and Chase said something along those lines today..........crap.

5) Robbie took the kids down this morning, changed diapers and get them fed before going to work so I could get a little more sleep. Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS