February 27th - Spiritual Awakening

Monday, February 27, 2017

Sarah said "by this time it's no secret that the Simple Abundance path 
is spiritual as well as creative and practical.

But Simple Abundance will work for you even if you're 
ambivalent about whether God exists. 

If you consciously work to bring more gratitude, simplicity, order, harmony, beauty, and joy into your daily life, your world will be transformed whether you believe a Higher Power is guiding you or not. 

BUT

IF you commit to your spiritual awakening as the most important part of the process, something marvelous will happen.

Life will not feel as fraught, as frazzled, or as fragmented as before because you'll realize that the spiritual, the creative, and the practical can't be separated. 

They each count.

They each mean something.

They're all connected."


She then quoted Christina Baldwin
If we "ready ourselves with spiritual openness", eventually we will come to the awareness that "Spirituality is the sacred center of which all life comes, including Mondays and Tuesdays and rainy Saturday afternoons in all their mundane and glorious details."



I hope that there are many different people with many different opinions and beliefs reading my thoughts. I hope that no matter what you believe, you can at least try the idea of a spiritual awakening and being spiritually open. 



Maybe something marvelous will happen.

What do you have to lose?





***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Today was my birthday! Not everyone makes it to 27, and what a wonderful 27 years it has been. 

2) My mom. She's pretty amazing. She made me a cake. I could not get enough of her red velvet, so she made me my own personal cake...with extra frosting. And 27 candles. And great birthday presents. But honestly, the cake and my mom's presence was the best gift. 

3) My mom and my kids and Robbie. We picked up the kids so they could help put the candles in, Jacob did okay and Chase tried to put it in horizontally...Riley held onto the candle so tight that there was no candle, the bottom of her little pudgy hand got covered in frosting. Then Robbie took the time to try and teach them how to sing me happy birthday.


4) This simple abundance journey. I had a good day, but a rough day. I thought about my sister a lot, and how much I wanted her here. I wanted to get all dressed up, and showered, and wanted today to shine...but I didn't get dressed...I stayed in my pjs...and then I took a nap with the kids...and I changed seriously 10 poopy diapers. And stopped Chase from choking himself with his belt. And read to them and played with them...I wanted to make a roasted chicken and cheesy scalloped potatoes, but when it came to it I just couldn't get up to do it. My mom couldn't stay for dinner, which was beans and rice. 

But my day was filled with my children. I got to take a nap. Having a pajama day isn't that bad. The kids ate so much beans and rice. There were candles and cake. There was singing and playing and laughing...and a little crying and yelling. The sun was out. I got cards in the mail. Did I mention there was cake? And my mom came to see me, and I have the best husband in the world...And I miss my sister, which means I had something amazing for 19 years, so amazing that I miss it. 

It could have been a lot worse. Not a bad day for a birthday.

5) Robbie surprised me with Five Guys. Best burger ever. He knows the way to my heart. All that food and cake though, I'm really going to have to work my butt of the next couple weeks exercising...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS