February 20th - Memory Mosaics

Monday, February 20, 2017

Today Sarah talks about how we are digging through our memories, and finding a bunch of broken pieces. 

"Always bear in mind that memory is fickle...

Sometimes she surprises us with her generosity, and we recall moments with astonishing clarity. 

Most of the time, however, our memories are fragmented, like small colored chips. 

When this happens, we need to be patient as we brush away the sediment of the past."

Sarah talks about when you dig, you should use the proper tools. 
"Old photographs, letters, mementos...music"

"Linger only on the happy times. What you are searching for is a pattern of personal, authentic pleasures and preferences. 
These are the chips in your mosaic."


"The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order."


I love mosaics. I also love the idea that you have to pick and chose the pieces that you put in it, and the order they go in. You have the control over how you see your past.





***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Sick babies. Having sickness in your home sucks, not knowing why my little baby is sick sucks even more, and waking up at 3 and up until 4 and then feeling nauseous the rest of the morning sucks still more...but now we get the week "off". I can't go anywhere, because I can't risk getting anyone else sick. While that sucks, at the same time it's nice. I hope she feels better soon, this little cuddle bug is very grumpy.


2) Robbie's jokes. I looked up mosaics on lds.org, do you know what I got? The handbook. 21.2.1., no mosaics allowed. I asked Robbie if he maybe knew why, and he said "it's too Catholic". He smiles, laughs his head off. He was Catholic, so it's okay for him to make jokes like that? He said I could share. We laugh a lot. We want to do a stand up comedy skit, we are currently writing it.

3) Robbie brought home Mcdonalds because we are "sick" and had a rough day....yes, so rough sitting and laying on the couch watching movies all day...Jacob did push Chase when we tried to play outside, hit his head really hard on the concrete, he went to his room till Robbie got home...but I didn't yell! Yay me! And boo for hurt heads and sad little toddlers who don't quite know how to control their angry impulses yet.

4) I didn't throw up. I've gotten pretty good at throwing up over the years, I used to have panic attacks. But I didn't throw up. The kids were playing with my throw up bowl that I had out just in case, which made me even more nauseous thinking that if I had to the bowl was not going to be right next to me. 

5) Marriage. It's almost been 7 years. Every year it gets better. Marriage is hard, but it's also the best thing that's ever happened to me. And Robbie, Robbie's first, then marriage...well I guess Christ is first, then Robbie...wait, God is first etc etc. There are a lot of good things going in this life aren't there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS