February 3rd - Discover Your Authentic Self

Friday, February 3, 2017

Sarah had a lot of really good quotes today.

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."

We are not our authentic selves on the outside, not yet anyway. She's inside somewhere. We've caught moments of her, here and there, seen glimmers of what she looks and feels like. Sarah says you've seen her when you've had a good hair day. She said

"When moments like these occur, we tend to think that all's right with the world (external forces). Everything just fell into place. 
What we don't realize is that all's right with ourselves

We're in the flow of life and loving it. We're in place: that special alignment when authenticity and reality merge into Wholeness."


Are you feeling it yet? 
The desire to be you?
To bring your authenticity into a reality?
I do. I thought I was doing a pretty good job too, but dang, every time Sarah, just kicks my butt.


"When a woman falls in love with the magnificent possibilities within herself, the forces that would limit those possibilities hold less and less sway over her."

But how do we fall in love with someone we don't even know? 
How do you get to know, you?
Sarah has some suggestions.

Sart quote
Meditate
Long walks
Baths
Washing your hair the day before it needs it
Smiling at everyone
Being more gentle with ourselves
Watching a sunrise or sunset
Petting an animal
Playing with a child
Having some small pleasure to look forward to every day
Being grateful

But above all, being open to change. Welcoming it.
End quote


"Watch. Wait. Time will unfold and fulfill its purpose...While we wait, we must not go unconscious. We must think and grow. Rejoice and dream, but kneel and pray."
-Marianne Williamson


When I started reading today, I immediately thought of Ayn Rand
"To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I'."

When you can do that, it means so much more. You can live and love and give more deeply, because you know it's you, and so does everyone else.


I think this whole authentic self thing, knowing who you are, who you really are, who you are meant to be, is really important. I think of the opposite. Have you ever met someone who was a nothing? They didn't like anything, they didn't say much, or do much, and were just blah? I've met a few nothings in my life, and they are super depressing. I picture that as the opposite of being your authentic self. If you're not working on becoming who you are, then what are you doing if not becoming anything but blah?

As you're discovering who you are, I hope you'll consider the idea that you are a child of God.  A lot of Christians differ on this, but I hope you will at least consider that idea that this might be true

I believe it is. I believe I am a daughter of God, and that makes finding my authentic self all the more awesome and meaningful to me. 




***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Date night. The food wasn't amazing, but I didn't have to cook it or worry about cleaning up after. And I got to be with Robbie. We could actually have a conversation and not have any littles yelling in our ears.

2) Vacuuming. I literally vacuumed my room and the hallway 10 times, and on the last time there was still dirt and stuff coming up. I wanted to keep vacuuming until nothing came up, but after 10 times I was about done, and I still had to do the kids rooms! But I love that I can see how much cleaner it is, and know that it is cleaner than it was the 1st time I vacuumed. The first time the entire container was full of Indy's hair!

3) Sleek Ez. After all that vacuuming I brushed Indy, it's going to be a weekly thing until we shave her in the summer. This brush is amazing! Do you know how much hair I got off my dog? An entire plastic bag (the ones that are no longer in stores because it's illegal) full. I love this thing, I don't know what I'd do without it. Yes I do. I'd go crazy.

4) Rain. The kids loved watching the rain. I didn't let them go outside and play in it because it was also hailing, and I didn't want them to get hurt, or give them a bath, and I was in a cleaning mood and didn't want them to bring dirt and mud in the house........But we loved watching and listening to it. 

5) Drainage. Our home and HOA community has some awesome drainage. There was so much water in such a short amount of time! I'm super grateful we don't have to worry (knock on wood) about flooding. That would suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS