February 9th - Prep

Thursday, February 9, 2017

The other day we had a mini women's conference when Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife came to talk to us. The kids were driving me crazy, so I put on some church music, put them in my bath tub, and began going to work pampering myself. I did my hair, my makeup, put on my grandmother's dress, the whole shebang. Then I slathered my babies in Johnson and Johnson pink baby lotion and got them smelling all fine and clean pjs...

A few of us were carpooling, and when I got to  my friends house she was stunned at how awesome I looked (that sounds a bit prideful, but I don't know how else to say it, I was rocking'). 

"Of course, we don't see the preparations when we look at her completed work. We only see the entire vision."

Robbie got home to see the kids fed and clean and happy...

Nobody ever sees the prep work.

"Preparatory steps are necessary in all the arts. They are also necessary in life is we want to live authentically."

Some of the prep work Sarah talks about is quiet time, meditation, dreaming and expressing ourselves in our journals...

"Therefore this life became a probationary state; a time to prepare to meet God" - BOM 


Whether it's getting ready for the day, or getting ready for the week,  or a project...take the time to prepare. Give yourself enough time.




***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) My kid's sense of humor. Jacob starts telling me in the car today that "baby's asleep". I look back and Chase looks like he's out. I pull up and open the door and he's smiling at me. I say "what? I thought you were asleep?!" He laughs, and closes his eyes and tilts his head and pretends to sleep...he made a funny, and he knew it. Ha!

2) Nature. The mountains were so clear and beautiful today, covered in snow. And those clouds!

3) Best friends. I love my friends. Last week I had made plans on Wednesday night and then Thursday morning started off really rough. I stayed in bed until 11 or so, totally not even canceling. Super rude, making me feel even worse. Of course my angel of a friend told me not to worry about it. So this week I called her this morning. She was actually my motivation to get out of bed. If I get out of bed I can go to workout and then go see her. So as she was being an answer to my prayer, I ended up being an answer to hers. She needed some distraction. So we talked and I crocheted and the kids played. What a good day.

4) It's the end of the week! I kind of feel like the weeks roll in on Mondays, knock me on my butt Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and then it's Friday and the weekend...giving me enough time to get back on my feet, just to knock me on my butt again. Tomorrow morning it will be Friday. Yay!

5) Milk. Do you know how much time it would take to have a cow, milk the cow, pasteurize the milk, then chill it? I appreciate dairy farms and refrigerators and grocery stores that sell milk. It's freakin' delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS