January 26th - Moments of Silence

Thursday, January 26, 2017

When you become a mom, all you want is a spa day, a week to sleep, and no one to bother you when you go to the bathroom or are trying to get ready (anything ready, yourself, dinner)...

"There is no companion so companionable as Solitude"

And that feeling gets worse, and worse and worse, if you don't make time for yourself. 

You can meditate, pray, read, plan your day, do something you enjoy, "and then just sitting in silence. Listening attentively. Waiting expectantly." -SBB

Sarah says to give yourself one hour "to journey within" everyday, but take baby steps. If one hour seems like too much (which she assures me it's not) try 15 minutes, then 30 etc etc. Break it up and take some time in the morning and at night. 

"You need breathing space to allow your heart to ponder what is precious. 
Or perhaps you can let your imagination soar to the twilight where dreams first dwell."

She says that most days if may feel like nothing has happened, there are no sudden revelations or ideas, just an hour of silence, taken to listen. Sometimes the ideas don't come until later in the day.

"This much I know: if you go deep enough, often enough, something good is bound to come back to you...Each day offers its own gift."

This made me think of pondering. Pondering doesn't just refer to pondering the scriptures. Why not ponder your life? How else can you ask a question, or even know what questions to ask, and receive answers? 
Answers from your authentic self, or from God? 

Search, ponder, pray.


"Be still, and know that I am God" -OT 




***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Work out group. I am terrible at working out on my own. This morning I didn't want to go anywhere, and the little devil in my head tried to convince me that I could workout at home...but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I got my butt and my kids butts out the door and workout we did. I always feel more energy after working out, and a good kind of tired...like I deserve to be tired. 

2) Good friends. I got to see two groups of friends today. One planned, one spur of the moment. I love that my friends are planning people and spur of the moment people. I can just call and say "hey are you free? Like right now?"..."I'm home, about to do Pilates"..."can I join you?"..."yes!" Good friends are hard to come by, I am very blessed to have both quantity and quality.

3) Dishes. Doing someone else's dishes is so relaxing. I don't know what it is...doing my own is relaxing too, but not nearly as much.

4) Recipes. That ham hocks, kidney beans, ginger ale, bay leaves and a few other spices, onions, garlic, bell pepper and water mixed together and simmered for 3 hours tastes amazing. Serve with some rice and corn bread? Ah-may-zing

5) It's bed time. I'm pooped. Goodnight ya'all.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS