January 29th - Treasure Map

Sunday, January 29, 2017

You wouldn't go looking for buried treasure without a map, would you?

I didn't think so.

Sarah quoted the scripture in Matthew 6:21

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

She uses the term treasure map, but I've also heard the term vision board
She tells us to visualize our ideal life, and then find compelling pictures of the things we want in our lives, and put them on a board with a stunning picture of you smiling in the middle  She says no one needs to see your private wishes, keep them in the back of your discovery journal. 

"Our wishes for the future, our hopes, our dreams, our aspirations are our truest treasures...
The greatest secret to living a happy and fulfilled life is the realization that everything is created in our minds before it manifests itself in the outer world. We must believe it before we can see it. You have to know what you're digging for, before X can mark the spot."

Now I know that these boards work for some people, but I'm not a big fan. 

I am a big fan of knowing that you have to believe it before you can see it, that it starts in your mind as a thought and you have to create it, and that you heart is where your treasure is. Like the Little Engine that Could, you have to think you can in order to do it. 

Your treasure is what you make it. Your heart is where you put it.

This made me think of Believing Christ. I loved this book. He talked about how we often believe that Christ atoned for us, but then that we are unworthy of accepting His grace. Also that we can not get to the Celestial kingdom, we are too far gone, or can not be worthy enough. But the truth is that the atonement is for you to use, and that you can have the Celestial kingdom as the goal on your treasure map. 

I hope it's on yours, it's sure on mine.

We can get there, it is possible, just follow the map. 


If this sounds like something you might enjoy, or might help you, give it a shot! If you do create your map, don't forget the Celestial kingdom...not everything on your map needs to coincide with that, but nothing on it should keep you from getting there, know what I mean?



***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) My health. There are a lot of sick people in this world, and I'm grateful to have enough to afford insurance and not be sick.

2) My home. I'm grateful to have a roof over my head, and I like the way the roof looks.

3) Blankets. There is nothing better than a blanket, and I got to carry one and wrap myself up in one at church today for our service project. 

4) Jacobisms. He repeats everything I say like "Hey guys, come here", "Let me help you", and some stuff I wish he wouldn't repeat like "crap!". And "I'm the Avatar, I'm Aang, hi ya!". He says the funniest things, and I can never remember what they are later...

5) Robbie made dinner. And did the dishes. That's delicious, and cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS