January 18th - Beauty

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sarah starts today with a short review.

"First of all, we learn to be grateful no matter what our circumstances may be. 
In offering gratitude for our real lives*, we discover how to change them for the better. 
As we embrace simplicity, we learn that less is truly more. 
This freedom encourages us to bring order to our affairs and cultivate harmony in our inner world. 
Going at our own pace, learning to recognize our limitations, appreciating our progress, we weave the lessons into the fabric of our daily moments until they become a part of us**." 

*I am a big fan of accepting your reality. 
**I have totally noticed that I've been doing that! I've been trying to  embrace simplicity by concentrating on one task at a time, and I'm starting to notice that the more I try the easier it gets. For example, last night I wanted to focus on bath time, really enjoy it with the kids, and all of a sudden it wasn't hard to focus on them. I didn't have the urge to grab my phone or think of something else, I just watched them play, played with them, and took a picture or two to remember the moment. I was really happy, and it was cool to know why. 

Then she introduces beauty.

"Suddenly one day we feel very much alive and desire more beauty in our personal quest. We come to a deep awareness that creating a beautiful life is our highest calling."

Now I don't know about quest, or my highest calling, but I do think it's important. 

"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." -PGP 

Sarah said to start simple. 
"Today, explore ways to see your world differently. Let your eyes drink in the beauty that surrounds you...It is in the details of life that beauty is revealed, sustained, and nurtured."

The details of life? That's new terrain for me. But I can definitely start by simply opening my eyes and seeing the beauty all around me. 


***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) The Radio. My kids love music, probably because we listen to it at least once a day. Their favorite songs to sing to are by Maroon 5 and Meghan Trainor. It is so cute to hear them sing their favorite word, "no no no". 

2) Beauty. The rain on the rose that's blooming outside my front door is breathtaking.

3) My night off. Robbie takes the kids every Wednesday night so I can recharge and finish the week off strong. It's been close to three weeks that Jacob has been in a hitting phase and I've about had it, I needed a break. I watched a movie, all by myself, on the couch, eating my dinner with no one yelling or touching me. Now to finish my blog and read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Hooray for breaks.

4) New friends. Playdates are fun ways to make new friends, it's nice to meet new people and just be comfortable with them because they are awesome.

5) That today is almost over. I've been in a mood most of the day and I'm kind of done. I'm also done with this crater thing on my face, what the heck man, how am I supposed to see the beauty in a face sucking crater? Some things just aren't beautiful, this thing on my face that refuses to pop for the 3rd week in a row is one of them. TMI?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS