February 16th - Dragons

Thursday, February 16, 2017

"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."
-J. R. R. Tolkien

"Our dragons are our fears; 
our day stalkers, our night sweats. 
Fear of the unknown. 
Fear of failing. 
Fear of starting something new and not finishing. 
Again. 
Or the real fear, the one that sends shivers up our spines: 
the fear of succeeding, of becoming our authentic selves and facing the changes that will inevitably bring...

We don't know where we are headed and it's very scary."

"Women have always known how to deal with dragons hiding under beds or lurking in closets. We turn on the lights and reassure worried souls  with love. We need to slay the dragons in our minds the same way."

I feel like Jacob is better at slaying his dragons than I am, or better yet he rides them, befriends them. He loves Toothless and Elliot, always talking about his dragons and how he rides them, how they fly. 

Fight fear with Love and Light.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear" - NT

"Always remember, it's simply not an adventure worth telling if there aren't any dragons. But as in the best old tales, at the end of your exploring, you will live happily ever after."





***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Productivity. I was freaking awesome today. I actually pushed myself at workout, while loving and paying attention to my kids, went to Costco, went and saw 2 friends to pick up or drop something off, and put (almost) all of the groceries away, organized our makeshift pantry so I could put them away, read a book while I ate lunch, did some laundry, and gave a piano lesson. 

2) 4:00 pm wall. And then I hit a wall. I had forgotten that Robbie was working late and wouldn't be home to help me put the kids to bed. Thank goodness for sandwiches and a movie because I was not about to clean up one more messy meal from them today. Riley has been throwing her food when she's angry, which is at every meal, and I was not going to clean up thrown soup all over the place. Indy cleaned up the thrown sandwich.

3) Small world. I saw the Elders at Costco today, they looked like they needed help, they didn't, but I was glad I offered. They gave my kids high fives, and I realized I had never sang them "I hope they call me on a mission". I also saw a nursery leader, a friend, and a super distant acquaintance that I haven't seen in years, who just happens to live close by (she's shopping at the same costco I am) and is looking for a piano teacher for her 3 girls. What a small world. 

4) End of the day. I can be grateful that the day is over every day, right?

5) Hand me downs. Kids clothes are so expensive, I'm so grateful other people just give me stuff they don't need anymore. Hand me downs are amazing. Jacob was the most excited that he got new clothes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS