Traditions: Conference

Monday, October 8, 2012

Twice a year the Prophets and Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints give a conference. This is broadcast in Stake Centers, and also through the BYU channel. So every year twice a year we go up the mountain to see my family and watch conference! Often times it's just my family, and we get up and have breakfast burritos before conference. This year we had brunch at Grandma's house, and oh my goodness was it yummy! Fruit, sour dough pancakes, bacon, syrup, juice, family, cool fall weather, eating outside? 

Amazing.

Braiding hair


I love my sister

Driving home

to see this cute puppy. I missed her so much after an entire day. Never get tired of watching her sleep in the oddest positions.

One of the best parts? Hearing the word of God. 

"What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." -D&C

 I've found that every morning after my walk with Indy, while I feed my pets, make myself breakfast and then clean up the kitchen afterwards, listening to the last conference has greatly enriched my life. I love continually learning about my Savior and His gospel, and how to live a better life and change my heart to become a better person. 

Traditions are so good, and so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS