Itty Bitty Little Baby Bump

Thursday, February 28, 2013

This is the moment I've been waiting for. The bump. So that I can actually see or feel that I'm pregnant, and everyone else can too!

Or so I thought.

I didn't realize how people are such downers! Almost every time people ask me how I'm doing, and I say pretty darn good, 9 times out of 10 they say "Oh..."and then give me this look and start talking to me like I SHOULD feel bad. Do they not know every single pregnancy is different? Shouldn't you be happy for me that I'm doing pretty good? Or when I started showing off my bump...and I specify, it's a little itty bitty baby bump...I know it's not large, but it is there...9 times out of 10 they say "That's nothing."

Excuse me? I know my body. This is not the flat stomach I'm used to. These aren't the breasts I'm used to. I've watched my abdomen protrude a little bit more every day, you can NOT tell me it's nothing. Why don't you say something like, "You're right! It's so itty bitty!" and smile and let me have my moment. 

What is wrong with people!!!!!

Geeze. 

Anyways, it is small. Super small. 

Here I am at 17 and 17.5 weeks. I can't take very good pictures of myself. And of course, to you it might look like nothing is there...but compare it to a flat stomach...and it is a bump. 

An itty

bitty

little

baby bump







Morale of the story, and the lesson of the day: if someone comes to you with good news, DON'T BE A DOWNER!  Be happy, and let the bearer of good news be happy too. Okay? 

Goodness Gracious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS