Gender Reveal

Thursday, March 7, 2013

We are having a

................

BOY!

Say what? 

Really?

No way...

So my dad reminded me about the Veater Curse. Or Blessing. Whatever you want to call it. 
Everyone has had a girl first. My grandma, and then all of my aunts and uncles, and now my cousin! 

I thought for sure that we were going to have a girl. I mean, there are pros and cons to having a boy or a girl first...But since I've never had a big brother,  I wanted a boy. But a girl would have been so much fun! Dresses, bows, crochet dolls.....but a boy might be more sturdy. And considering it's my first, a sturdy baby was looking more and more desirable. 

We even had a girl name picked out. We couldn't (and still can't) agree on a name for a boy. 

And what do you know.

It's a boy.

And he was very cooperative for the "camera" for Suzie, the very funny nice woman doing our ultra sound.

 She showed us the things they look for when they're looking for birth defects...and she didn't see anything wrong! Everything looks healthy.
 This is probably the most of the inside of my son I'll ever see. Itty bitty little legs!
Look at that bone structure! 
 And those feet! Only like 22 more weeks till I get to kiss them!!!
His heart and heart beat.
Because I have studied the body, she went into details about what she was seeing, showing us the ventricles of the heart and how you could see them opening and closing correctly, and she showed us the brain, and of course showed me my ovaries and my colon. She was so funny, saying "As you can see, you're full of crap. That would be due to the constipation every pregnant woman gets.".....Why yes. Thank you :) She also showed us that I had a bleed that healed over at one point. I almost had a panic attack. 

And of course....
The only way to know it's a boy is by looking for this.
I have been obsessed with these penis shots since we got them on Monday. It was hilarious, when the doctor came in, our baby closed his legs, and covered his face with his hands...he was like I don't like you, so you get nothing. She confirmed through these pictures Suzie took that it is a boy. That mass above his penis is his umbilical cord. 
It was hilarious trying to get him to move around. She was poking my abdomen, and you could see what happened when you poke my abdomen on the monitor! I laughed, and was surprised at how squished he got. When the doctor came in and he wasn't cooperating, it looked like she was hitting him! Oh my goodness, it was hilarious. He was covering his face and trying to kick out like he was trying to stop the blows of the ultra sound thingy. Of course, I couldn't feel any kicking, or moving, even though I could see it. 

The ultra sound was taken at 18 weeks and 1 day. She said because of how big he is, she was saying he could be as far along as 18 weeks and 4 days. I guess 3 days isn't really a big deal, but that possibly pushes the due date to August 1st and not the 4th, a little bit closer to July...I guess 3 days is really only important to me :)
He measured just about 8 inches
and 9 ounces.

And just think, it started from this little bean at 6 weeks and 1 day

And of course, this. 

I knew that he wanted a boy. He tried to hide it, and make me believe that if we had a girl he would be just as excited....

When he saw it was a boy, he let it show. He was ecstatic. And of course, as he went through the day, he got more and more excited about all the things he's going to get to do with his little boy, like scouting. It made it all the more real for him...

We're having a healthy baby boy! 
(it's weird to think that a boy is inside of me...........just saying)
Now if only we could agree on a name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS