The Beginning of our Garden

Saturday, January 14, 2012


Here's some of the progress we've made in the back yard!

 This was done a couple weekends ago.

 And this was one of my Christmas presents! 
I'm so excited, even though I don't have much to put out on it yet...

 At first I thought this was a weed, but it's a flower 
from my spider plant! I'm really glad I didn't pick it.

 Ta Da! 
Our fence! It's a little lopsided, but everything we try to do 
ends up being a little lopsided. Remember the journey? 
We picked up the picket fence off trash piles around our neighborhood, Robbie's parents gave us the metal gate, we spend maybe $50 on paints and screws and wood and stuff, and we figured we've spent a good 15 hours all together putting this thing together. Sanding, painting, any metal work Robbie had to do to get the gate a little smoother, measuring, cementing, buying wood, and then putting it all up!
 Robbie did the walkway through the garden while I painted. We're going to do little plots all around the walkway.








I'm so excited! There's nothing better than picking a zucchini or lettuce fresh from your garden. 

Nothing better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS