September 11th - Anxiously Engaged

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

"Let us, then, be up and doing
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait."


This reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures,
it always pops into my head when I am
really tempted to be lazy

"Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, 
and do many things of their own free will..."




But, back to the poem.


Start Quote
Here, in four lines, is the essence of mystical moxie:
the secret to achieving what you want our of your life...





"Let us, then, be up and doing..."

Dreams are not enough.

They MUST be backed up with effort.

Success is as simple and as profound as that.

Always remember that striving and struggle precede success...
We MUST be doing something 
about bringing our dreams into the world 
EVERY DAY, even if we only have fifteen minutes...

You'll be amazed at the power of fifteen focused minutes.





"With a heart for any fate..."

Opening our hearts to the possibilities of failing
 is easier said than done.

That's why we have to surrender expectations, delivery details, 
and the world's reception [of our work]...

[Also give up the idea that it's all you.]
 Become open to Divine fine-tuning or finishing touches. 
Birthing a dream is a collaborative effort.






"Still achieving, still pursuing..."

As long as you're actively pursuing your dream 
with a practical plan, you're still achieving, 
even if it feels as though you're going nowhere fast

It's been my experience that the very moment I feel like giving up, 
I'm only one step from a breakthrough. 
Hang on long enough and circumstances will change, too...





"Learn to labor and to wait."

This is the most difficult of Longfellow's suggestions. 
Most of the time we wait much longer 
for a dream to manifest itself in our lives 
than we ever imagined we would have to at its conception...

Be extra kind to yourself while waiting, 
making it as pleasurable as possible. 

End Quote




This made me think of a favorite hymn.

"Gird up your loins,
fresh courage take,
our God will never us forsake.
And soon we'll have this tale to tell, 
all is well,
all is well!"


In case you didn't know how to gird your loins,
here you go.









***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Therapy. I once heard a therapist say that everyone needs therapy, therapists included. I think she was right.

2) A very very productive day.

3) Thrift store finds. I just had to drop off some donations, and I ended up spending 2 hours and spending $60 and getting tons of clothes for Riley, tons of dress up costumes for the kids, milk glass vases for me, possibly a coat for cruela devil (if I can bleach it to the right color, then yeah), and I found an ancient dress for me...it reminded me of Emily Dickinson. I don't know where I'll ever wear it, but when I tried it on I had to have it. That's why I don't go thrift store shopping...I usually find a whole bunch of good stuff...and you know, if I was made of money then that wouldn't be a problem.

4) Rain. We danced in the rain this afternoon, it was amazing. 

5) Naps. I don't know how I would survive if all my kids didn't go down for naps after lunch...because they go down, so do I. Of course all I dreamed about were Echthroi, but when all four of us wake up on the right side of the bed and then go dance in the rain the nightmares just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS