November 14th - Miracles

Tuesday, November 14, 2017


Another one of my all time favorite songs, 
is from The Prince of Egypt.
When You Believe.


"There can be miracles, when you believe.
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles you can achieve, 
when you believe, somehow you will.
You will when you believe."





Start Quote
We think of a miracle, such as a sudden physical healing, 
as an event.
Actually, the real miracle is not the event, 
but how we perceive the event in our lives. 

Ask yourself which is the real miracle: 
when the check finally arrives, the deadline is extended, the lawsuit is settled, the exception is made? Or when you cope, serene and smiling in the face of unbearable circumstances, triumphantly blowing everybody's mind - including your own - with your poise and courage?

Marianne Williamson describes a miracle as 
"a parting of the mists, a shift in perception, a return to love."...

She tells us that once miracles were all we knew,  because we existed in Love. Then we woke up on earth and "were taught thoughts like competition, struggle, sickness, finite resources, limitation, guilt, bad, death, scarcity, and loss. We began to think these things, and so we began to know them."

Love was replaced by fear.

When we exist in fear...miracles become the exception, 
not the daily round. But it doesn't have to stay that way...

There are many paths to Wholeness...
[One is] through a daily meditation and workbook exercise. 
[Here] seekers learn to surrender all the ego's preconceptions 
- what we want, need, and think will make us happy - 
exchanging it only for the practical daily application of Love in our lives.
"Whether our psychic pain is in the area of relationships, health, career, or elsewhere, love is a potent force, the cure, the Answer..."

"In asking for miracles, we are seeking a practical goal...a return to inner peace. We're not asking for something outside us to change, 
but for something inside us to change."
End Quote 



 I love this idea of miracles

I have seen many miracles in my life.
My sister was a living miracle.
My cousin is another living miracle.

I've seen miracles in my marriage,
and how Robbie and I have changed so much.

I've seen miracles in my life, 
and how God has healed my broken heart
and given me strength when I didn't have any of my own.


"The greatest miracles I see today are not necessarily the healing of sick bodies, but the greatest miracles I see are the healing of sick souls."






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) I can't transpose by sight, so I have to type all my music into the computer and then transpose it if I need it in a different key. I finally finished Danny Boy, I'm so excited to start playing and singing again. It's been too long.

2) Hair cuts!

3) Time with family.

4) PJ Masks. Super cute, and teaching my kids good values.

5) Showers. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS