July 30th - Bad Habits

Sunday, July 30, 2017

I don't know about you, 
but I have a lot of bad habits.

Remember that not all habits are things that we do, 
some can be things we don't do.

Lets just get it out of the way, shall we?
Because I'm pretty sure a lot of us have the exact same ones.

I used to bit my nails...
but that was mostly because of my trichotillomania...
so I stopped biting my nails by putting that nasty tasting stuff you can buy at drug stores on my fingers, and I switched to picking and hair pulling instead. 
Huge improvement.


I have a hard time doing my nightly routine...
like washing my face and flossing my teeth. 

I have a hard time being consistent in my daily 
prayer and scripture reading.

I have a hard time making my bed and getting dressed
if I don't have to go anywhere.


I say the occasional curse word.


I have a really hard time putting things away...everywhere.
Kitchen, bedroom, craft room, laundry room, bathroom...
Literally everywhere.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist. If I'm cleaning the floor,
I'm going to clean the floor until it's spotless. 
Even if it takes hours that I don't have. 

I also have a hard time putting things down. 
For example, the last 500 page book I read 
I was done with in 3 days tops. 
Staying up way too late because I couldn't put it down.

When I'm super depressed or stressed
I retract inward and ignore everything...
I usually turn to Facebook. 


I'm a bit of a procrastinator.
I've gotten better, like we run out of milk 
and I go to the store that day or the next. 
But do something that I really don't want to do, 
like deal with insurance or schedule dentist appointments?
Yeah, I put that off for 6 months.
Or practice the piano for my calling?
Yeah, I procrastinate that so much that it doesn't even happen. 

Lately I've been eating. 
Like a lot. 
And not all of it good food. 



Start Quote
Nothing dies harder than a bad habit...


Before changing any behavior, 
it's helpful to know why you want to get rid of habits 
that don't nurture or contribute to your sense of well-being.

If you change, what will be your positive payback?

A healthier lifestyle, 
more energy and vitality, 
the joy and serenity of emotional sobriety...



Going within opens up the eye of your awareness 
in gentle ways.



You start to treat yourself more kindly. 


As you become more intimate with your authentic self 
and see glimmers of the woman you truly are inside,
you shore up the courage to take the first tentative steps necessary 
to help her evolve and emerge outwardly. 



Soon we'll begin hearing whispers that 
encourage and comfort, not berate us...



Too often we're unaware of the ways in which we rob ourselves of precious moments that could be spent nurturing our creativity...

For as long as we continue 
to cling to bad habits 
that may not be life-threatening 
but certainly aren't life-enhancing, 
we only steal from our potential.
End Quote 





Okay guys, moment of truth here.

I was honest with you, 
but to be honest with you 
I had to be honest with myself. 

I also had some help,
I asked Robbie what he thought my bad habits are.

Can you be honest with yourself?

Do you want to?






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) The smell of summer rain, and the sound of thunder in the sky.

2) I've never been to a branch before, it was pretty cool. 

3) Ice cream. Strawberry lemon sorbet, yum.

4) Burritos. 

5) Lularoe. When you can wear your dress all day long and be totally comfortable, no matter what you're doing. And sexy. And modest. Did I mention sexy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS