July 23rd - Steal a Moment

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Third day in a row...

And now how to steal a moment for yourself.




Think she's made her point yet?




If you think that there is no way you can make it work, 
then you're not trying hard enough.


Robbie takes the kids one night a week
so I can go do whatever I want in my room, 
or even leave the house. 

Sometimes I just go and have dinner with myself and a good book.
Usually sushi. A Booty Booty roll with miso soup from Wassabi. 
Yum.




You have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 
You can fit in at least one hour of solitude,
if you think it's important. 

I know it's important.




For those of us with young 'ins, she has some great advice.

Start Quote
Plan your solitary pleasures when they take their naps. 
This is not the time for housecleaning.
Use it for your own renewal.

And don't be discouraged if your children 
have outgrown the need for naps
(although I don't believe any of us ever do).

Change your strategy.

Call the hour immediately following lunch 
'Quiet Time'. 


Take your children to their rooms gently but firmly, 
offering them a few special toys 
that they only get to play with at this time. 

Tell them you will see them in an hour 
and then retreat to your own special place. 





If you spend half your life carpooling, 
devise personal strategies to help you cope.

After the morning run, find yourself a quiet cafe 
where you can enjoy a solitary cup of cappuccino.


In the afternoon, plan on arriving at school at least a half hour early, 
with an inviting book to keep you company.
 Always keep a pad and pen handy to jot down 
random glimmers of inspiration, which will come
 once you commit to carving out soulcaring times, 
even if you have to find them sitting in a parked car.


Some of my best work has come while waiting for small people.


Be open to the unexpected.
End Quote





I know how it feels, trying to not do the things that need to get done 
when you have an hour during nap time and your world goes quiet.

But I also know how it feels to keep trying to stay on top of things, 
sacrificing that nap time hour to the chores that will never end...

You go crazy.

Spend an hour on yourself. 
The chores will still be there. 
It does feel like stealing.
Trust me, this is the only stealing that's okay.



When my kids are going crazy, 
the best thing for them is solitude. 

A little quiet time in their rooms away from everyone else 
does wonders.

Quiet time, 
it's good for them,
it's good for you.

Win win.







***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Seeing my family. My cousins are all growing up so fast, it's ridiculous. One just got home from his mission, and another is leaving. Man do I feel old.

2) Nana and Grandpa's house. My kids really wanted to go back there instead of going home. They threw several fits about it. But I guess that's a good thing, I would rather they wanted to stay at Nana's house forever instead of the alternative which is never wanting to go back.

3) My poor car. It was running great! Got the fuel leak fixed, got the timing belt replaced...and then the check engine light came on again. I'm so grateful for my car, but gosh darn it. Can it just be okay for more than a day? Please?

4) Lipsense. I did lots of tests today, Papa was completely surprised. I kissed his hand, then his white shirt, then his cheek. Nothing. And then I kissed my dad and his white shirt, nothing. It's almost midnight, and my lips still look fabulous. Gosh I love this stuff. I especially love that I can finally have some great color to my lips, and not have it come off on my teeth.

5) Home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS