July 27th - Solitary Pleasures

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Start Quote
Remember, once upon a time, 
when we all knew how to play?

...
Nothing that once made us feel happy and fulfilled is ever lost...

Why not have a brainstorming session on paper 
to excavate your buried bliss?

[1]
Write out a quick list of ten solitary pleasures...

Need some help?

[2]
Well, what was your favorite childhood game? 
[3]
Your favorite sport?
[4]
Your favorite movie as a kid?
[5]
Your favorite book?
[6]
Comic strip?
[7]
Your favorite singer or musical group?
[8]
What was the best time you ever had as a youngster?
As a teenager? 
As an adult?

Can you remember?

...
[9]
If you could instantly acquire three additional skills, 
what would they be?...

[10]
What three outrageous things would you try 
if no one knew about it?...

[11]
What three daring things sound intriguing, 
even if you'd probably never attempt them?...

[12]
What three all-expenses-paid vacations appeal to you?...

[13]
Do you like to work with your hands...
or does the visual appeal to you?...


Get the idea?


There's a fabulous world out there just waiting to be explored. 
We simply have to be willing to experiment.

A hobby affords us a marvelous opportunity 
to awaken our natural talents.

It does require a little bit of effort.


First of all we have to figure out what we'd like to do...

Then we have to carve out time to do it...


Seeking and finding a solitary pleasure 
that would make you jump out of the bed 
each morning to pursue it...
End Quote


So, here's my list!

[1] Ten Solitary Pleasures
                           1) Crocheting
                           2) Composing and arranging music
                           3) Reading
                           4) Writing
                           5) Sewing
                           6) Cooking
                           7) Organizing
                           8) Walking
                           9) Gardening
                          10) Thrift store shopping

[2] Favorite Childhood Game
A computer game! 


And don't forget minesweeper, 
and card games like gin and solitaire.  

[3] Favorite Sport
Soccer, swimming, running, and ultimate frisbee! 
I'm not very good at them, but I still like to play them.

[4] Favorite Movie
Good question, I have no idea. 
Probably a Disney movie. Maybe Little Mermaid.

[5] Favorite Book
I'm not sure if I have one, but I know I loved Harry Potter and The Chronicles of Narnia. I remember loving Nancy Drew, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice, Little House on the Prairie...
How could I ever choose a favorite?

Well, now my favorite is Atlas Shrugged. 

[6] Favorite Comic Strip
I loved the Sunday Comics. I didn't have a favorite, just the comics in general. It was one of the highlights of my Sundays. 

[7] Favorite Singer or Musical Group
Well, when I was a teenager it was all punk pop and emo. 
Man, those were the days.

[8] Favorite Memory
I have no idea. I have a terrible memory.

[9] Three Skills
                    1) Play the guitar
                    2) Know how to really sew, like for real, 
                        instead of the guesswork that I do.
                    3) Green thumb. If I could know how to keep          
                        everything alive and thriving, 
                        that would be awesome. 

[10] Three Outrageous Things
If no one knew about it?
Uhm...I'm not much for outrageousness. 
But if I had to choose, I would want to try fire breathing, hula dancing in front of a crowd, and bungee jumping.

[11] Three Daring Things
Even if you'd never attempt them?
Dying my hair a different color, like teal or fire engine red, race car driving, and tight rope walking, like super high up.

[12] Three Vacations
Cruises. Cruises all the way. 
European, Alaska, and Caribbean. 

[13] Hands or Visual?
Both. 











***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Dentist. I only have one cavity! That's better than the four I had last time :(

2) A relaxing day...we've kind of had a relaxing week, it's pretty awesome.

3) Pizza and family for dinner! And Moana. 

4) My kids. They are freakin adorable.

5) Sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS