July 17th - Pay Attention

Monday, July 17, 2017

Today Sarah talks about 
Jesus! 

She tells us about how he blessed the loaves and fishes
and they multiplied to feed a multitude. 

Not once, but twice




And then the apostles and Jesus were on a boat 
and there was only one loaf of bread and they were hungry.

They had forgotten to bring food, 
and they were reasoning together... 
and then Jesus said
"Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? 
and do ye not remember?"




Start Quote
Miracle after miracle kept occurring before their eyes, 
but they didn't see what was really going on...


The same thing happens with us.


How often in our lives, do we still not get it?






The "it" could be 
a power struggle going on in an important relationship;
an inability to control our credit-card spending;
a career problem undermining our self-esteem;
the beginnings of addictive behavior in ourselves or our loved ones;
or an unconscious form of self-sabotage that has us 
bouncing from one self-inflicted crisis to another. 




The "it" doesn't matter. 

Some such scenario is occurring in most of our lives 
and will continue, 
again and again and again 
until the moment we begin to see the pattern. 




Perhaps we should start paying attention...







The language of the heart is longing;
the language of the mind is rationalizing;
the language of emotions is feeling. 
Spirit speaks them all. 




Today I would love for all of us to get it at last:
For us to accept, give thanks, bless, and share. 

For us not to hoard or hold back 
for fear that there won't be enough. 

Because Spirit lacks for nothing. 


As long as you have a few loaves and fishes, 
and know what to do with them, 
all you have is all you need.
End Quote




"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another
- it's one damn thing over and over."






Thanks Sarah. 
I had never thought about it that way before.






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) I finally got in to see a therapist today for my depression. Woohoo! So glad to finally be done putting that off.

2) My niece. She is awesome. I asked if she would come help me and she said yes! Spending a few days with your niece that you don't get to see very often and having another pair of helping hands on top of that? Awesome.

3) My kids. They are so funny.

4) FHE. And two bean tamale pie. 

5) Running. Even if it's super late. I love running with my friend. And I ran almost 3 miles like without missing a beat! I guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought. I am sore, and tired, but I did it and I'm happy about it. Yay endorphins!

6) My car has a fuel leak...I'm very grateful that the puddle of gas sitting on top of the engine didn't catch on fire. And that there are people who know how to fix these things. And that we have savings to take care of the arm and the leg it's probably going to cost us to get it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS