August 9th - Personal Gifts

Thursday, August 10, 2017

"Explore daily the will of God."

Maybe I'm going crazy, 
but I swear we've talked about personal gifts before.

Blogger has this nice little search tool 
that lets you search for words and phrases...
and I can't find what I thought was there.

Maybe I'm a little crazy then.



Start Quote
Discerning our personal gifts is essential 
if we are to experience harmony in our lives.

"Because our gifts carry us out into the world 
and make us participants in life, 
the uncovering of them is one of the 
most important tasks confronting any of us,"

"When we talk about being true to ourselves
 - being the persons we are intended to be - 
we are talking about gifts. 

We cannot be ourselves 
unless we are true to our gifts."



However, it's difficult to be true to our gifts 
if we don't know what they are.



And while masters, mystics, saints, sages, poets, and philosophers 
have borne witness to the authentic path down through the ages, 
many of us have tuned out.


Why?

I believe it's because the lesson of authenticity 
is often prefaced with the four most terrifying words 
know to the human race:


But even in the black hole of doubt, 
we want to believe that a 
Force greater than our own 
power or understanding 
is with us. 

And it is.

The Force is with your authentic self. 





As Obi Wan Kenobi tells Luke Skywalker in Star Wars,

"The Force is an energy field created by all living things. 
It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds galaxies together."

The Force binds your dreams and desires 
with your personal gifts 
so they can find outward expression. 

"Follow your feelings, trust your feelings,"
the Jedi knight urges us all,
because it is within the Force that we 
live and move and have our being.



The Force is Love.



Love wants, wishes, and wills nothing less 
than your unconditional happiness, harmony, Wholeness.

Commit to discovering, acknowledging, appreciating, 
owning, and honoring your personal gifts.
End Quote






I can't top Star Wars.

Can you?






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Funny little coincidences. I was asking my piano student today about what she wanted to play next after she masters this piece she's working on, and I start asking her about her favorite movies. I start listing off some of my favorite ones with awesome soundtracks, like Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc etc...she said she had never seen The Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.....I about died. That was the beginning of my day, and now I'm ending with Star Wars. What would life be without Star Wars?

2) Robbie took the kids and I had the house to myself for hours...It was bliss.

3) I know you're not supposed to clean during your time off, but I couldn't help myself. I couldn't use my craft room it was so messy, so I cleaned and organized that. I wanted to do something nice for Robbie, so I did the dishes (that's his chore). Then the bathroom...it was gross. I think that's the dirtiest my bathroom has ever been, and I was basically ashamed. So I spent a couple hours cleaning it. And watching a movie...Robbie asked me about an hour ago if I had done my blog yet, and I was so engrossed in cleaning that I had completely forgotten about my blog. But let me tell you, it was worth it. Definitely not something I want to do every week for my night off, but man that needed to be done. And it feels so good.

4) Summer is almost over. 

5) It's bed time. Peace out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS