April 18th - Makeup

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion.
But cosmetics are easier to buy."


I've learned a lot about makeup over the last 7 years since my wedding, makeup that I did myself that I'm very proud of.


Start Quote
One of the ways that we can begin to love our faces 
is to enhance them with makeup.


I have gone through many stages with makeup.

There was a time during my twenties...when I wouldn't have dreamed of walking out the door without my war paint on.

For me, makeup was a sophisticated mask 
that endowed me with self-confidence.


Then in my thirties...I stopped wearing makeup 
except when I went out with my husband in the evening.

It was a relief to stop wearing cosmetics because doing so gave me 
an opportunity to learn to feel comfortable with my features. 


The world I had come from had been so 
self-absorbed and obsessed by appearances. 

Now I was getting in touch with the inner woman 
and not concentrating on her outer packaging. 




But gradually, I noticed a difference in the way 
I felt about myself without makeup.

When I put it on, I liked the reflection in the mirror. 
When I didn't, I rarely looked.


I began to become aware of the fact that 
looking your best,
working with what you have, 
and bringing out your natural beauty with makeup
was not as superficial a goal as I had originally thought.




Makeup was simply a tool to help me look my best.



When I looked my best, I felt better.



When I felt better, I had more energy 
and accomplished more and was more outgoing.



When I accomplished more and reached out more to others, 
they responded positively and my self-esteem grew.




Making up my face again 
began a self-affirming cycle of acceptance.


But more important, it began a ceremony of self-nurturing.


I began to see that the ten minutes I took in the morning to put my best face forward for myself and not the world was a small but important way of nurturing my authenticity.
End Quote




 




I went through some phases of my own.

I went through a phase in high school where I tried to cover everything up. 
Lots and lots of eye liner.

Then I tried no makeup for a long time, 
thinking that it was superficial.

Then I started to notice just like Sarah did, that when I put on my best face, enhanced my natural features, I did feel better. 

I really enjoy makeup now. It's fun. 
I've been favoring the gold glitter eyes. 



How about you?










***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Rainy days, and not having to stay inside.

2) Robbie brought dinner home.

3) It's bed time.

4) I read my scriptures today. 

5) I drove safe in the rain. And even though my check engine light came on, we got home safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS