April 25th - Sight

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

"The greatest thing a human being ever does in this world 
is to see something...
To see clearly is poetry, prophecy and religion,
all in one."


 


If you've been following me the last couple days, 
you will have read about my new found love of contacts.

My eyesight used to be bad, but not that bad. 

I used to wear glasses only when I drove and in class to see the whiteboard. Then I graduated, and didn't have anymore whiteboards to look at...I never liked the way I looked in glasses, so if I didn't have to wear them I didn't. I wore them for the movies, which we rarely went too, and the theater, which we went too even less. 

Then this last year I started noticing that the world was getting a little more blurry, until one day I couldn't see anything clear past my hand. 

I had to wear my glasses to even function...
but I never could find a pair that fit my face right. 

You know how some people look amazing in glasses?


I just don't think I'm one of them. 



I never wore contacts because my eyesight wasn't bad enough...

Well now it is. 

Now with contacts, I can see clearly now, 
and the world is so much more beautiful.

I like to think I was kind of like Monet, 


but I'm no where near that talented 
when it comes to paint and canvas.


Sarah mentioned several artists.






"In a way nobody sees a flower really, 
it is so small,
we haven't the time-
and to see takes time,
like to have a friend takes time."

 





"To see takes time.
We haven't the time.

Here is the unrelenting truth and it's chilling to the soul...

Never forget that the gift of vision was so important that when God created the world, the first command was for Light in order to see, and after the Great Creator was finished with each day's task, He glanced back on his handiwork and 

We need to see how good it is, too."



Please share, what are some of your favorite things to see?

Mine is the sunrise at my mom's house. 
I could literally watch it every day.




Or a picture of yourself rockin' your glasses.






***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Good friends. I am learning more and more every day that good friends are hard to come by, and that I'm so blessed.

2) A home so I don't have to be caught out in the wind.

3) Swim lessons. Second day....Riley is doing really really well, Jacob is stubborn, and Chase cried the entire time....Two down, eight to go.

4) Sweet potato mash...yum.

5) Walmart now has the grocery section, so I could do both the grocery shopping and the other little things I needed, like beach towels. Jacob picked Cars, Chase TMNT, and Riley Moana. She was adamant, she wanted Moana, not Frozen. 

6) I saw a mom today at the park that had a 4 seat stroller, two kids in the stroller, two on bikes, and one she told me in kindergarden? Maybe it was first grade. Anyways, if you all thought I was supermom, this woman was almost wearing a cape. Seeing her brood made me feel like I was not alone, and that I wasn't the only one with a giant stroller and dog tagging along. It was comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS