April 5th - To Admire

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Undoubtedly, we become what we envisage."


"Whom do you admire?

If you tell me whom you admire, I could probably tell you a 
great deal about your hopes, dreams, and personal style - 
and I'm not a psychic...

Problems can arise when your authentic self and your conscious self 
don't communicate about the new direction you are moving in. 

And they probably aren't communicating 
if you're not using an introspective tool like 


Our authentic selves are constantly alerting us through subtle clues,
 such as images of the people we admire. 

But authenticity rarely screams at us;
it prefers to whisper...



At this point in the process, don't fret about imitation.

Besides its being the sincerest form of flattery, 
if you begin to trust your instincts, 
you'll always remain true to your own sense of style

Just think of the women you admire as personal tutors. 

you're trying to become your authentic self."



To admire is to respect, to look at with pleasure, 
to regard in high esteem. 



Well shoot. 

Who do I admire? 

My mom.
She definitely has her own style and personality, and never apologizes for it. She is proud of who she is and what she knows and loves. She makes me want to be a better person, and teaches me so much. And the thing that comes to mind the most is that she's taught me what a mother's love means, and her love for me and my sister and my brother make me want to be a better mom to my three littles.


Ayn Rand

I love her philosophies and her writing. I have only read (and loved) Atlas Shrugged, but I'm looking forward to reading the rest of her work. Just one of the things she believed in was internal locus of control.  Here is a quote from John Galt, "No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy." She believed that men and women can be great, but only through reason, reality and the use of their minds. 


Christ
 
I am only beginning to get a small glimpse of the love he has for me, and for everyone. He is who I want to be like. 

It may sound a bit cheesy, but there it is. 

"that when he shall appear we shall be like him" -BOM

"Have ye received his image in your countenances?" -BOM
also was loving the BOM study guide 








These are some of the people that I admire most. Others would be my friends, other family members, my husband...


Who do you admire?







***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) Sad days. Sad days make the good days all the more bright.

2) The golden hour of sunlight that hits as it's starting to set.

3) Robbie. I had a really rough day and he told me to get out of the house. So I got sushi and read my book alone at the sushi bar. I got a few odd looks, but it was basically heaven to not be around kids that were whining. 

4) Realizing that the terrible twos 
suuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkk. A llooooooooooooooooottttt. 
And that I only have like a year and a half more of it. 

5) One of my best friends. She invited me to her ward's Retro Homemaking night and I had so much fun and learned so much.
And I got to see my friend looking all spiffy and retro. She's awesome. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS