April 20th - A Bath

Thursday, April 20, 2017

"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, 
but I don't know many of them."


"Every woman should be aware that there is a significant difference 
between bathing and taking a bath."


Let me tell you, bathing is not all that much fun. 
Just take it from my three littles...
It's not even very nice to bathe, you're sitting in a pool of your own dirt...gross. 

But taking a bath? 
That's different.


"I believe in the rejuvenating power of hydropathy 
as a positive adjunct to psychotherapy."

Again, let me tell you, 
since I do suffer from depression and anxiety, 
that baths are part of my medicine. 
If I don't take one at least every two weeks I freak out. 
Literally.


When we moved that was the one thing I would not budge on...
I needed a tub in the master bathroom.


"Do not underestimate the blessings of a bath.

It can calm your mind, 
relax your tired, tense body, 
and soothe your stressed spirit.

It can help you drift off to the exquisite relief of sleep 
or wake you up and help you greet the day with enthusiasm.


My philosophy in life is very simple:
when in doubt, take a bath."


"I can't think of any sorrow in the world that a hot bath wouldn't help, just a little bit."





Here are some bath Do's:


Bath Tray 
(what I'm asking for for Christmas)


Inflatable Pillow 
(it doesn't have to be expensive, I use an inflatable nursing pillow 
that I got for free in a nursing kit and it's amazing. 
I've even seen them at the dollar tree.)

Fluffy White Towels
(another thing I'm saving up for)


Salts, Oils, Bubbles, ext
I love lavender


And this is one of my favorites. It smells amazing and bubbles nicely. I pretty much love everything about The Body Shop. 

Candlelight


Relaxing Music
(it's a really nice station on Pandora)

A Cold Drink - necessity 

A Good Book

A Good Movie

Any other Affordable Luxuries 




Here are some bath Don'ts

Don't have the water too hot (or too cold)

If it's not relaxing, don't do it



If you suffer from anything, 
fidgetiness, anxiety, insomnia, depression, headaches, 
or just "hectic modern living", 
give a bath a try. 




You might be surprised. 







***
Gratitude Journal 
***

1) Help. I had a really bad depression episode this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed, even though Jacob was telling me to wake up and that it was time for food...I got the kids all prayed, and read a verse of scripture with them, and Jacob went and built a train set and the twins laid with me and combed my hair...After about 20 minutes Jacob came in again and told me it was time, and I started crying. I told them to head downstairs and I'd be there in a second. I rolled over and prayed. I cried and I prayed for help. I got my butt out of bed and I got myself downstairs. Jacob asked for pancakes and then changed his mind to yogurt, much easier. Tender mercy number one. I decided to take one thing off my list of things to do today, much easier. Tender mercy number two. I remembered a talk I listened to a few days ago about how service saved this woman's life and helped her through the dark times, and so I called my visiting teachers and told them I loved them and set up appointments. Help number 3. I called my best friend, and she came and spent the entire day with me. Help number 4. I went and finished a service project. Help number 5. I was intensely aware of how much these little things helped me get through today, and I know that God answered my prayer. 

2) One of my best friends. You know how you get tired of being around people, and you just need to be alone? There are only a few people on this Earth that I never get tired of, and she's one of them. We were serious sister wives today, and I'm so grateful for her.

3) Miracle Chicken Casserole. Comfort food is so good, especially when it's easy.

4) A productive day.

5) It's bed time. 

6) Robbie coming home after we've both had a very very long day, and while I'm finishing my blog he says "perfect! I'll use the time to do the dishes to show you that I care and want to do my part." I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS