June 23rd - Midsummer

Friday, June 23, 2017

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days 
are not those on which anything very 
splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, 
but just those that bring simple little pleasures, 
following one another softly, 
like pearls slipping off a string..."

Today Sarah quotes Lucy Maud Montgomery.

Sarah said
"When Midsummer arrives, 
it's time to look ahead and dream.

Perhaps, if one is lucky, 
the days ahead will unfold as a 
'never-to-be-forgotten summer

-one of those summers which come seldom into any life, 
but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going

-one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of
 delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doings, 
come as near to perfection as anything can come in the world.'"



Today Sarah also talks about the Stillwater followers. 

Start Quote
The Stillwater religion, 
which combines the best beliefs of the 
Shakers, Quakers, and Amish, 
is a state of mind...

[They] believe that life's simple pleasures are meant to be savored 
and that Nature is to be revered...

[Tasha] Tudor explains, "Life without stress. 

Nowadays, people are so jeezled up. 
If they took some chamomile tea 
and spent more time rocking on the porch in the evening...
they might enjoy life more...

Life is to be enjoyed, not saddled with."



Tonight I feel it. 

We just finished a huge event, 
and as I sit here writing and getting ready for bed, 
I feel the peace of no stress. 

I'm not worried about what went wrong,
 or how exhausted I am...

I'm just filled with gratitude for all who came out tonight.
I'm filled with the joy of a job well done. 
I'm tired, and know I'm going to sleep well. 


If I had a porch, and I hadn't spent all day in the sun, 
I'd be sitting out on it rocking in a rocking chair. 


Life is to be enjoyed. 



Happy midsummer night, 
and may you have a wonderful midsummer night's dream.










***
Gratitude Journal
***

1) We really did throw a great car show. I'm so grateful for all the time and effort that people put in to make this thing happen.

2) Remembering my sister, and being a part of helping others.

3) Robbie made me a quesadilla. 

4) Showers. Sun block. Sunglasses. Cars, lots and lots of really cool cars. Lavender sachets. Local honey. Lipsense (finally, something that won't come off when you eat or kiss people!). So many good things.

5) My cousins and nana. They watched my kids all day, doing their part for the foundation. I'm so grateful.

 This is my new favorite car.
 I can't believe he let me sit in it!
 Looking like hot messes, but my lip sense is still fierce. 

I love you Shelby. 
Now and forever.

I can't wait to see you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS